It isn’t just enough for the doctor to be good. It does matter where he sets up his practice too, right? For any blogger, choosing the best blogging platform is almost as important as the content he is trying to sell.
This write-up is tailor-made for anyone trying to start a blog for free. You would want to end up with the best blogging site that is easy to use, readily customizable and is easy on your reader’s eyes!
Thinking of voicing your opinion on the web? Or even trying to make a decent earning just by writing your opinions on the massive internet arena? Well, there are a wide range of free blogging sites available for you to start a blog. Of course, which best blog platform you choose is completely up to you and your requirements.
Listed down below are brief write-ups about the 7 best blogging platforms which will help you decide which one to choose when trying to start a blog for free.
COMPARING THE 7 BEST BLOGGING PLATFORMS
IS WORDPRESS THE BEST BLOGGING PLATFORM?
Almost all to-be bloggers and current bloggers would have heard about WordPress during their blogging journey or atleast during their research for the same. In this expedition, one is bound to hesitate for a minute before choosing between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.com is more for users who are looking for free blogging sites while WordPress.org requires hosting by the user, which means you have to shell out a few bucks to make the most out of it but it entitles you to have full ownership of your blog.
Find out the pros and cons of the same and decide if it is the best blogging platform for you?
- Very good content management system.
- WordPress.org is an open source website builder adding to its flexibility.
- Varieties of themes make it highly customizable for bloggers. The benefit is definitely more here for WordPress.org
- Numerous free plugins are available for WordPress.org offering you great diversity.
- If you are looking to make some income out of your blogging, then you can always go for WordPress.org. It is one of the best blogging platforms for e-commerce.
- It offers you lots of scope to learn and expand. There are a plethora of forums and communities to help you along the way if you find it difficult.
- Self-hosting for WordPress.org requires you to invest some money into it. But hey, the more you are ready to invest, the more benefits you can reap especially if you are using the blog as part of your business and not just as a hobby.
- Limited plugins and designs are available for WordPress.com but is still very much at par with other blogging platforms.
- It takes time to get a hang of all the features before receiving maximum benefit and is thus time consuming and challenging for a beginner.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WORDPRESS.COM AND WORDPRESS.ORG
The basic difference that can be attributed to when it comes to distinguishing between the two is the domain name. If you have noticed specifically, one has an.org extension while the other has a .com extension. Now the mystery starts! Go ahead and read the cool features that make the two different from each other.
- WordPress.com: is more of software service based company which offers hosting services at large.
WordPress.org: is more of an informative data container which contains information basically related to word press and its different aspects.
- WordPress.com: Offers hosting services completely free. The installation part is a bit tricky though.
WordPress.org: This service is free and is more of an open source platform which gives quality product to its users.
- WordPress.com: Not customizable. No personalized plug-ins or modification of source code allowed.
WordPress.org: Customization made fairly possible. Modification of source code is easy to derive best benefits.
- WordPress.com: You have to pay for removal of those third party advertisements.
WordPress.org: No such payment fees required.
SET UP YOUR OWN BLOG WITH WEEBLY
Though another popular blogging platform, Weebly is now mostly used as a website builder. With Weebly, you can have your blog up and running in no time.
- Easy drag and drop option when creating website content therefore providing a visual interface.
- It offers you great ease of use. You need not be tech savvy to find your way around Weebly
- Attractive design and layout choices
- Not time consuming, as it is relatively easy to learn how to go around it
- Ideal for those users looking to build small or simple websites
- Free hosting services offered for their sites
- Has a platform built for e-commerce
- Monetization. Weebly offers a number of options in this area like AdSense, banner advertisements and third party codes
- Not an open source website builder. Doesn’t offer much flexibility compared to the other players in the platform
- There is a page restriction for the free and starter plans – 5 pages for the former and 10 pages for the latter. However, there are two upgrades from the starter plan available
- Lacks in customization abilities
- Does not support additional plugins other than the ones that are already built in. Hence, there is no option of installing more plugins of your choice
- Not ideal for those looking to make revenue using complex websites
WHAT MAKES BLOGGER THE BEST BLOGGING PLATFORM?
- You will be provided with a custom domain name which is basically of the form yourname.blogspot.com
- It offers exclusive free hosting and the publishing features are all taken care of by the site itself.
- If you are a beginner, this free blogging site is definitely recommended for you, since it provides an easy to use graphical interface with a step by step process explained for the same.
- The targeted benefits of blogger are very good. However, customization features are not so readily available and there is a kind of limited edition graphics and themes for the same.
- Since it is relatively easy to use, there is only limited.